The following is an insight into recent involvements
in community and Council activities and outcomes – by Tom O’Connor.
As former CoGG Councillor –
- · G21 TRANSPORT COMMITTEE – Committee member
- · ENVIRONMENTAL MANAGEMENT GROUP – Portfolio holder
- · WATER TASK FORCE – Initiator and Chair person
- · BARWON REGION WASTE MANAGEMENT GROUP – Director
- · GREENHOUSE REDUCTION STRATEGY – Committee
- · TOTAL SUPPLY MANAGEMENT ISSUES – Proposed task force
- · BICYCLE STRATEGY – Active involvement
- · EQUINE STRATEGY – Initiator and leader.
- · BAY NATIONAL PARK / MAV – Chair and Committee
- · ASSOC. BAYSIDE MUNICIPALITIES / MAV – Chair person and Committee member.
Current community based activities –
- · BIKE SAFE GEELONG / founding member and Committee member
- . BUY BELLARINE PRODUCE BARN / Co-founder and Secretary – volunteer
- . SPRINGDALE NEIGHBOURHOOD CENTRE / Committee member
- · COMMITTEE FOR BELLARINE / Co-founder and current Executive Director – volunteer
- · WRECK2 REEF OPEN WATER SWIM CLASSIC – Co-founder and committee – volunteer.
- · BELLARINE 2050 OUR PLACE OUR FUTURE / Visioning program – initiated concept and managed forums.
Constantly negotiating with State and local Government of behalf of residents.